Wednesday, August 31, 2011

How to do FUN hair color on your girls! Video Tutorial

So my fabulous hair stylist friend, who's always doing something fun and exciting, put some super darling colors in her girls' hair this summer. When my gals saw it, they immediately turned to me with those puppy dog eyes that pled "PUHLEEZE Mommy!?" We had to give it a try! Because it's semi permanent, I felt ok about putting it in their healthy and pristine never-been-damaged hair (well, I felt less guilty). Take a peek!

I love how it peeks out from her braid here:


The pics of my older brunette's color didn't do the color justice, so I didn't include them. Don't be put off by my photo UN-expertise skills, this was really fun! My little blondie really loved having "barbie' hair for a few weeks!





3 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun! I may do this next summer. We have a pretty strict dress code that includes only natural hair colors at my girls' school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute braids!! Thanks for posting all these great ideas and how to videos! I have never known how to french braid (but my mom always did mine and my sisters hair this way as kids)I have tried on my daughters hair..but it just never looked right..now I know what i've been doing wrong..Thanks! ..I'm new to your blog, but have you done a tutorial on the braid that is very popular now..its a french braid (I think) and you part it on the side and braid it really close to the forehead..does that make sense? if so, could you give me the link? THanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I do have one of those hairdos: it's called "Headband French Braid and Round Brushing". You can search for that title on my blog, or you can go to this link:
    http://shaunellshair.blogspot.com/2009/09/headband-french-braid-and-round.html
    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!