Friday, March 9, 2012

Little Girl's Hairstyles: HUNGER GAMES! How to do a Y Dutch Braid

I have had requests to do "Hunger Games" hairstyles. I have to admit, I wasn't quite sure what to come up with--since, those of you that have read the books, know that the heroine, Katniss, is not exactly worried about her hair and what it looks like. She's got a few other things on her mind. SO--not to be daunted by a challenge, I thought it would be great fun to come up with a few ideas as to what she may look like at different points in the book.
Here's what we came up with for her when she's out in the forest, hunting, or even during the Games themselves. A no-nonsense, hair out of my face, hairdo (but of course we want something cute!).

The Y Dutch Braid



Hope you have fun trying this one out! If any of you creative people have some ideas for this character or any of the others--feel free to share! Let's have fun with this! March 23rd!!

4 comments:

  1. I love that! That would work great for my daughters hair.
    Her hair looks so healthy. It looks like she had a braid the previous day, my daughters hair wouldn't be so nice to braid. What kind of conditioner do you use on your girls? Do you use a spray detangler in the before you brush it out? My girls always sleep with a loose braid, but it can still get a little knotted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting! Yep, she had braids in the night before....ha ha. Her hair is so long we have to braid it at night to keep it from being a rat's nest in the morn. We use just a moisturizing conditioner (Probably the Aussie brand...love it!) and sometimes a detangler if necessary. No frills! We also just wash it every other day due to the length. Try a bit tighter braid at night , to keep it in better...see if that helps..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reply. I will try a tighter braid at night. We loved this hairstyle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter is sick today and I put this braid in her hair to keep it nice while laying in bed. Her hair always slips out of braids, but this one has stayed in well every time I've done it. So far, so good on staying nice in bed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!